IMPORTANT: this position is linked to Tecniospring INDUSTRY, ACCIÓ’s international talent programme co-financed by the H2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions of the European Union. Call details and requisites
BitMetrics believes that AI may be the key enabler to affordable automation and is currently developing UniMind, a cloud-based brain for robots to see, understand and act.
Our product is based on three pillars: machine vision (for objects + context recognition from image sources), deep learning (using the power of CNNs to understand the environment) and robot learning to rely on our platform’s inherent ability to recognise new or changed variables in the context and adjust the robot’s action without human intervention, meaning that clients (manufacturing companies) do not need to have dedicated teams to oversee these variations and modify the system to perform accordingly.
Among the tasks to be developed by the researcher, we include:
– state of the art research both in academia and industry (i.e., competitors)
– implementation and evaluation of developed methodologies and algorithms in the scope of the relevant project
– follow-up of some of the tasks executed by other team members, always in the scope of the project
– contribution in the development of customized solutions
– participation in workshops, seminars, etc both in business and academic environment
Applicants must hold a degree (ideally PhD) in Information and Communication technologies or similar STEM background (Mathematics, Telecommunications, Engineering, Robotics, etc).
The successful candidate must:
– be fluent in English (verbal and written skills)
– be experienced in at least one programming language (preferably Python)
– have strong knowledge in at least one of these domains: Computer Vision, Machine Learning or Robotic applications
– be quality-oriented and a good team player
– have the ability to work autonomously
– have experience/ability supervising/leading small projects